Evanston Golf Club
Founded in 1898, Evanston Golf Club was one of the eleven charter clubs that helped establish the Western Golf Association. In 1917, famed golf course architect, Donald Ross was brought in to design the 18 hole layout. In an effort to keep up with the modern game, the course has gone through two renovations since the original Ross design. The first, by the Nicklaus Group in 1982 and again by Ron Pritchard in 2007. The par 70, parkland design plays just under 6800 yards from the Championship tees.
Evanston Golf Club played host to the 1926 Chicago Open and the 1962 USGA Senior Amateur Championship. Northwestern University's, Windon Memorial Classic has also been held at Evanston Golf Club.